Advice Needed -- How would you get your chapter more active?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
This is a question that comes to me now and again from the Chapter Presidents here at the BRS. They want to see their chapters active and grow, but understandably, it's a little difficult. We are a rare breed of individual, and it's not like we just live right next door to each other. Now that winter is here for many of us, it makes it even more difficult to get together for a run.

So, I ask all of you for your advice. How would you get your chapter more active? I will share these suggestions with the CPs.

Here are some of my suggestions:

I'm not sure I got it right: when I read "more chapter activity", my first thought is that it means "more activity on the concerned forum" with more discussions etc.
But reading your post, it seems that "more chapter activity" would rather mean "more real life interaction between chapter members"?

I'm not sure I got it right: when I read "more chapter activity", my first thought is that it means "more activity on the concerned forum" with more discussions etc.
But reading your post, it seems that "more chapter activity" would rather mean "more real life interaction between chapter members"?

It means both, actually. Any advice?

I would think that barefoot meetings in real life depend on how much virtual friendships one develops in his or her Chapter. I mean if you don't particularly appreciate someone in your chapter because of dissensions, you probably wouldn't like to meet this person in real life.
But: actually it is a lot of the controversial discussions stuff, dissensions and the like which keep forum life active: If there is some kind of trouble, everybody will post his or her opinion or at least follow with a big interest the next episode - a bit like a soap opera on TV. :D
If there is only agreement in a forum, one would probably like to meet everybody else, but the forum itself will be much less active.

Are things going well in the France Chapter lately, Hobbit?

Anyone else?