A little Video of my playground....

That's some crazy stuff N3.

That's some crazy stuff N3. How long have you been running on rocks?? Did you find your coyote pal? The ferns were refreshingly green and beautiful at the end of your video :)

Zumba, it never occurred to

Zumba, it never occurred to me NOT to run on rocks, until I started reading everything here...by then it was too late LOL. I really love this kind of thing, and I love how awesome macadam feels after running on this stuff :)....it's like desert!

And no, I didn't see him again today :-(...today was the first time I took my camera, as well as a "fanny" pack, and I can say I HATED running with it bouncing all over....have to find something that feels like nothing for long hot days...

Sometimes ignorance is bliss

Sometimes ignorance is bliss isn't it? It's like the bumblebee, he buzzes around with his tiny wings not knowing that his body is too big to support the flight of his wings. No one ever told him he couldn't, so he keeps on flying.

Ditto to the fanny pack, I can't stand anythign flopping around while on a run, not even the sloshing of water in a water bottle. I think that they make runner's packs that have a wider belt though, wonder if that'd work better than a standard fanny pack?

I find that really

I find that really maintaining a deep level of relaxation in the body, especially the feet, really helps running here...if the feet are relaxed, they just melt over "obstacles"...it's when I get tired that it doesn't "feel natural" any more, until I remind myself once again to relax...this is really my reason for learning to stretch, so you can understand and learn to relax through all things...that the only obstacles are in the mind.

Not to say I don't get regular stone bruises still in the soft spot of my arches from unfortunate foot falls....but like I said last month, I rub them out when I'm done and I'm good to go again, as they continue to condition there, it shouldn't happen. But the lightness of the foot fall allows me to shift my weight pretty quickly off of the foot that "feels" the "thing" in the arch most times so I don't get a full "plant" on that nasty little bugger ;-D

I want to go out for a few more hours today, it's going to be hot and humid....I'll need to bring water....and I really really don't want to use that damn fanny pack again...I'm going to get creative, I'll let you know what I come up with later :-D.

Maybe have your wife or a

Maybe have your wife or a friend meet up with you somewhere for a water stop or two?

Great point about the relaxation, that's key for sure! Hard to get into that frame of mind, that too takes practice. Enjoy your massage er run!

Some people where I run lay

Some people where I run lay out water bottles along their routes prior to their run. They drive their golf cart to a point dropping off water bottles on the way, then get out and run an out and back (O&B).

yeah...there's very little

yeah...there's very little road access to these old logging trails...I'd have to hike up, drop off, hike down....run up....run down....LOL....AND remember exactly where I put them....

Yesterday, I ended up bush-wacking a bit, as the trail I was on devolved into a deer trail, and that devolved into a dry wash run...and had to go through brush to get back down to that gravel road that eventually turns into the road I live on LOL....so, really, carrying water, or a bottle with a filter (which is what I'm seriously thinking about)...

But it's nice, I can't really "get lost" because I live in a narrow valley with mountains on both sides, so when in doubt, I head down and find the creek that will meet up with the only road in and out of the valley :)...BUT having someone meet me with water, or planning water stops, is pretty much un-doable.

There is a cabin on the top of one of the mountains that has water, the owners told me if I'm ever up there and thirsty, to help myself ;-D.

I say hump in a big ol jug of

I say hump in a big ol jug of water, like the culligan kind of jug and leave it there for your summer runs. If it's relatively unused path, might work?

That IS an idea Zumba!!

That IS an idea Zumba!!

Quote:Some people where I run

Some people where I run lay out water bottles along their routes prior to their run. They drive their golf cart to a point dropping off water bottles on the way, then get out and run an out and back (O&B).

So all you have to do is know their route and start before them to get free water! Remember, they are behind you, so you have to run fast!

FNG-OscarMike wrote:Dude that

FNG-OscarMike said:
Dude that was great.What part of PA are you in?

thanks! I live north of Carlisle, PA :)

My wife grew up in State

My wife grew up in State College ;-)...my studio is in Carlisle...where I do the majority of my road runs...we live right off rt. 74, over Wagoner's Gap...it's those mountains that my video is of :) where are you? when I can run again, we should meet up for a few miles :-D

Tyler: While it is painful, it works...basically, put a finger or two in the middle of the bruise and litterally massage them outward in all directions...depending on how big the bruise is, it will "look worse" because you are spreading the blood around, but it will absorb more quickly...some people rub bruises out with an ice cube too...I only do this when I get a black-eye...makes the eye look worse for a couple days, but heals much quicker. Haven't tried it on my feet yet...when I get stone bruises on my feet, they are almost always in the "soft" spot of the arch, when it gets "caught" by a rock...and mostly, when I'm tired, as before that happens, my foot lift is quick enough to allieviate most circumstances of a full land on a rock in that spot :).

Hope that helps!

I'm right in State College

I'm right in State College about 12 minutes from the main University campus. I'm only going to be out here till July 5th. Tomorrow there is the Fire Cracker 4k race, I signed up for it but I don't think I'm going to run due to TOFP I was dealing with just recently. But I'll be sure to let you know when I'll be out there again, me and my Fiancee are planning to move to State College by years end. It'd be great to go for a run with you.

That would be

That would be fantastic....in fact, there is a 30K trail run next april that I plan on doing...called the Hyner Challenge....I posted it on our State forum...take a look, something you'd be interested in doing? Last year, a friend of mine said he saw someone do it in VFFs, I want to do it naked...and with a kilt :).

My wife is going to be there tomorrow visiting her mom too, what a small world...I'm not going with her....gonna stay home with a beer and keeping my leg up...thinking the beer will help me heal faster!!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts