5 at 7

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
It was last Saturday and I'd gotten invited to join my Fast Tracks Running Club for a nice morning run in Valley Forge National Park, my first outside run in what feels like months. The weather was bright and clear and pretty cold. The 5 mile paved loop trail was 98% clear of ice. My phone app said 10F but somebody said it was 7F per the Park website. No wind, though, which was very welcome.

VFFs with 3 top and one lower layer, ankle warmers, half mitts and a wool skull cap served to beat the chill, with things coming to a nice steamy glow after about a mile.

I was so glad to be out running and couldn't really understand what had kept me on a treadmill or a 1/16th mile indoor track for the last few weeks. Then I remembered the ice and slush and bitter winds. Oh, yeah. Some of my club mates have been out nearly every morning, for which I honor them. They were the ones who headed out to do the 5 mile loop 2 or 3 more times. Bless them.

Take heart, my friends! Except for those of you living above the Arctic Circle, spring is just around the corner. Trust me on this one.

...with things coming to a nice steamy glow...

Hee.

Reactions: dharmadan
Ah, sorry Skedster. You've heard of "April Showers?" They're coming, too.

You better start working on gills.

My wife's from Salisbury and her sister has sent us some amazing pics of the "water meadows" down around the cathedral which really are just water now and not bloody much meadow.

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11