4th annual BRS Halloween Contest (2013) - Official thread

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
:vampire: :vulcan: :hurting: :walkingdead: 4th Annual BRS Halloween Contest :vampire: :vulcan: :hurting: :walkingdead:

Let's not let this year get screwed up like last year... sigh.

Rules courtesy of PeaceKaren.

We need a coordinator for this. Anyone? Won't take up much time.

The witching hour fast approaches. Think of a creative costume for Halloween, one with bare feet, preferably (but not required), and get out there and enjoy this silly holiday. (See the rules below to get some ideas of how this contest is run.)

Post updates, photo evidence, and final results to this thread.

Contest begins at 12 a.m., Sunday morning, October 20, and ends at 12 a.m., Sunday morning, November 3, based on your local time zone. Results must be posted in this thread by 5 p.m., Monday evening, November 4.

The person with the most points at the end of the weekend wins bragging rights and can sport a cool new siggy declaring themselves "WINNER of the 4th Annual BRS Halloween Contest."

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!

RUNNING
  • 2 points per barefoot mile*
  • 1 point per mile in minimal shoes*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in costume*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in a race*
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence
SOMETHING ELSE KOOKY
  • 1 point for every half hour doing something kooky (like singing on stage, karaoke)
  • 2 points if you do it barefoot*
  • 1 point if you do it in minshoes*
  • 1 bonus point if you do it in costume*
TRICK OR TREAT
  • 10 points for trick-or-treating in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for trick-or-treating in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 5 points for handing out candy barefoot
  • 2 points for handing out candy in a costume
  • 2 points for drinking while handling out candy
DRINKING
  • 10 points for attending party/bar in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for attending party/bar in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 1 point for each alcoholic beverage consumed*
Remember, drink RESPONSIBLY!

* No limit -- accumulate points all weekend

^ One time points awarded for EITHER barefoot OR minimal shoes (no doubling up on point by arriving in VFFs and then going barefoot).

Check out some great pictures in these threads:

2012's contest is here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/the-official-2012-brs-halloween-contest-thread-game-on.12408/

2011's contest is here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/the-official-2011-brs-halloween-contest-thread-game-on.3505/

2010's contest is here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threa...contest-thread-game-on.1198/page-6#post-20475

Sure. Like that ^?

If DNEchris enters an event, that's worthy of a donation. What's your charity?

Thanks Rick! It's cancerclimber.org which was set up by a guy called Sean Swarner who was given 3 months to live at age 13, 2 weeks to live at 16 (from a different cancer) and who has gone on to climb the Seven Summits and completed Ironman Hawaii - all with only one lung!

He's gathering enough money to be able to take a tricked out Semi around various pediatric cancer hospitals to let kids, too sick to travel, get an experience of camp - a bit like the "Hole in the Wall gang" but for sicker kids.

Here's the link to my page on crowdrise.com http://www.crowdrise.com/cancerclimbererorg20/fundraiser/chrishawson

chris, wear more of a costume and i will consider a donation. face paint, make up, painted toe nails, spears, sumin.

TJ, can you push up the date? the big halloween race is on the 22 i think. always the week or so before halloween here. damn portlandiaers.

Good job on getting this out earlier this year TJ. So I might register for a 50 miler on November 2, but shod, so no points for me.:(
Are you running in minshoes? If yes, then you do get points for that. See ^.

TJ, can you push up the date? the big halloween race is on the 22 i think. always the week or so before halloween here. damn portlandiaers.

Okay, done, but no more, please.

Reactions: migangelo
chris, wear more of a costume and i will consider a donation. face paint, make up, painted toe nails, spears, sumin.
I've got a problem there - they just banned a bunch of stuff . I won't be allowed to wear face paint or non-formfitting clothing. I might paint my nails though.

Besides my name's Chris not Dan!

migangelo said:
chris, wear more of a costume and i will consider a donation. face paint, make up, painted toe nails, spears, sumin.​
I've got a problem there - they just banned a bunch of stuff . I won't be allowed to wear face paint or non-formfitting clothing. I might paint my nails though.
Besides my name's Chris not Dan!

Besides I do not paint my toenails ;)

gibson and company painted their faces for war in "braveheart". don't all you brits do that? :cool:

• Costumes covering the face or any non-formfitting, bulky outfits extending beyond the perimeter of the body
this means no helmets, masks, etc where they can't do any facial recognition software. they can still use it with make up applied so no excuses!

gibson and company painted their faces for war in "braveheart". don't all you brits do that? :cool:
Gibson's American or Australian - depending on who wants to claim responsibility for him at any particular time!

Costumes covering the face or any non-formfitting, bulky outfits extending beyond the perimeter of the body

this means no helmets, masks, etc where they can't do any facial recognition software. they can still use it with make up applied so no excuses!

Face paint would interfere too much with moisture transpiration!

with that kind of accent 'mericans never claimed him. since he wasn't talking about shrimp on the barbie he had to be english, right? :cool:

i've not had any problems with sweating and face paint. not sure if paraganek has but he has painted his face much more and longer than i have. don't be afraid. it's fun!

at warrior dash this year some girl cried about her nails. so i said "my make up is running!" got a couple of giggles.

Ok, on the 27th my chorus is singing for a Halloween Festival. I'm going to dress up as the Tooth Fairy, and since of course she needs to cover a lot of territory quickly, I will be wearing VFF's. But I'm not sure how that fits into the contest ... how many points for singing in costume on stage in VFF's? :wacky:

Reactions: dutchie53
You get points for costume and minshoes, for sure. For singing on stage, we can put it to a poll. Thoughts, all?

Well, we'll be singing 20-25 minutes. I figure that's about the right time frame for a really good 5k, so how about if I get the same points as I would for a 5k?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts