15k trail race in Luna

Shacky

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2010
yes, I realize this pales in comparison to what Jason just accomplished but I wanted to show this picture of this crazy mountain we had to climb. And yes, those steps go all the way to the top. Once there, it is a crazy steep downhill run that a few people tumbled down. The lunas handled it pretty readily but I had to stop every few miles to retie the laces to snug them up.

3284283124_4dcbd3dac2.jpg

Link to original image (not mine): http://www.flickr.com/photos/susanmyrland/3284283124/sizes/o/in/photostream/

moz-screenshot.png

Looks awesome! Jason kinda

Looks awesome! Jason kinda throws the grading curve off, doesn't he? You still have to keep things in perspective, though. What percentage of the American public can run a 15k? Pretty small. What percentage can run it up a mountain? Even smaller. What percentage can do it wearing something like the Luna? I'm betting it's "statistically insignificant."

Great, great job!

OKAY!  NOW I AM COMPLETELY

OKAY! NOW I AM COMPLETELY AND INSANELY JEALOUS! Those look just like the hills I used to play in as a child in Santee and Lakeside (San Diego). My friends and I would climb those up and down all day long. We used to take the horses out to trails like that too. We would bring lunch and spend the whole day. It was so much fun. A simple picture can spark wonderful memories. Thanks, Shacky!

Just to let you know TJ, this

Just to let you know TJ, this run is located at Mission Trails which is just outside Santee.

You're killing me, Shacky! 

You're killing me, Shacky! Another thing we used to do in Santee/Lakeside is ride the river on our innertubes. One person would drop us all off, drive down a ways to wait for us, and we'd ride the river down to them. It really got moving after a good rain, when it swelled. It was a blast!

aww screw it.  Was trying to

aww screw it. Was trying to post a course profile but this is too painful to figure out

Nice work Shacky!  That

Nice work Shacky! That mountain looks brutal... I'm jealous, too! My race course wasn't nearly as rugged... 25% of mine was run on asphalt roads.

I think I'm going to pick up a pair of Lunas for ultras that are not barefoot-friendly. So far, I've used my current pair for two very long runs without any issues. I think Ted's version will provide just a bit more functionality, especially the new "Leadville" version.