10 Mile Run

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I had a 10 mile training run today for which I paid $25 and got a tech shirt. It was called the Kutztown (PA) Fools Run and was supposed to be a fairly easy out and back with not too much elevation change. Well, surprize! They had to change the route for construction and put what felt to me like long monstrous hills out at 3, 5 and 7 miles.

I was hoping to run it in 8 minute miles, but I'm quite happy with the 9 M/M I actually ran. The second half felt fine after I got up the last hill and it was actually a really nice run, with sunshine and not too much breeze.

The route would have been OK for BF except it was still covered with gravel from recent snow sanding. My VFF Bikilas served me well.

After a couple hours of recovery (otherwise called a nap) I was feeling fine. Legs and feet were moving quite well and I'm pretty happy overall. I now have 30 days to get into better shape for my HM on May1. Woowee!

Nice job JT, talk about a

Nice job JT, talk about a barefooters nightmare having the course changed to cover a course of gravel! Thank goodness for your minimal shoes!

Good luck May 1!

You're fast! I was hoping to

You're fast! I was hoping to run with you at some point but for me 8M/M is almost sprinting!

I ran my long run yesterday at 11 min/Mile and was happy with that.

Good luck on the 1st.

You're getting there, JT! 

You're getting there, JT! You've got the 13.1 in the bag!

Sloutre, no sweat.  the 8 m/m

Sloutre, no sweat. the 8 m/m is wishful at this point. We can run perfectly well at 11 or so, especially if we're going to chat!

Everyone, thanks for the good feedback. As I've said elsewhere, it's good to have a tribe that know what's what.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11